Spain: DiscoverMadrid and Andalusia
Tour in detail
> 10 days - 8 nights
Day 1 : Fly overnight to Madrid
Day 2 : Madrid
- Take a panoramic tour of the capital.
Day 3 : Madrid
- Discover the Plaza Mayor, the Plaza de Cibeles and its famous fountain, the Plaza de España and the Gran Via. Take a walk in the bustling neighbourhood of Puerta del Sol.
- Visit the famous Museo del Prado art museum, which contains major works by Velázquez, Goya and El Greco
Day 4 : Madrid - Toledo - Còrdoba
- Discovers the marvels of Toledo.
- Tour the Iglesia de Santo Tomé, which houses El Greco's master work The Burial of the Count of Orgaz.
- Take some free time to stroll the labyrinthine old alleyways rich in history.
- Leave for Córdoba
- Use some free time to discover this pretty city on the banks of the Rio Guadalquivir.
Day 5 : Cordoba - Seville
- Take a guided tour of Cordoba
- Visit the old Jewish Quarter and the Cordoba Synagogue
- Travel to Seville (2 heures de route)
- Enjoy an evening of flamenco
Day 6 - Seville
- Discover the lush oasis of Maria Luisa Park and the Plaza de España.
- Stop at a fighting bull breeder near the Andalusian capital.
- Take a guided tour of Séville
- Discover the Giralda bell tower that dominates the gothic cathedral, the Torre del Oro, which was built to defend the port, as well as the Jewish quarter of Santa Cruz, which is a maze of white streets and very picturesque patios.
Day 7 : Ronda - Mijas - Torremolinos
- Leave for Costa del Sol (two-hour drive).
- Take a guided tour of Ronda. Discover the bullrings, considered the temple of Spanish bullfighting, the Puento Nuevo, the Church of Santa Maria la Mayor and the old city.
- Discover the white-washed village of Mijas
- Travel to Torremolinos (1.5 hours), located on Costa del Sol.
- Spend the late afternoon shopping, walking along the ocean and marvelling at the marina and its fantasy boats.
Day 8 : Nerja - Torremolinos
- Take a half-day excursion to Nerja (1 hour).
- Discover the magnificent prehistoric caves where paintings that date back more than 20,000 years have been found. Marvel at the amazing stalactites and stalagmites. One of the enormous rooms has been transformed into a concert hall.
- Discover Nerja. Walk along the Balcón de Europa, located on the cliffs overlooking the sea and explore the city’s historic centre
- Spend the rest of the day relaxing in Torremolinos.
Day 9 - Grenade - Torremolinos
- Leave in the morning for an excursion to Granada (2 hours).
- Take a guided tour of the marvellous Alhambra palace and the Generalife gardens.
- Discover the cathedral district, which is a maze of alleyways.
- Walk around the Alcaiceria district, with its many souvenir shops and Spanish artisans.
Day 10 : Fly back home
The package include:
- Flight from Montréal/Toronto to Madrid and from Malaga to Montreal/Toronto, including taxes
- Luxury bus transportation for all excursions and airport transfer
- 8 nights in 2/3 star hotels
- Services of a professional English-speaking guide
- Visits and admission to the attractions listed in the itinerary
- Half board
- Detailed documentation for the organizer
- 24-hour emergency assistance from Voyages Objectif Terre
- The 0.10% contribution to the travel agent’s collective security fund
- Free trip for organizers at a rate of 1 per 10 paying participants