Ecuador,A country of contrasts
Tour in detail
> 9 days - 8 nights
> 23 meals included
Day 1: Fly overnight to Quito
Day 2: Quito – Otavalo
- Visit Quito, a UNESCO world heritage city.
- Take an excursion to Mitad del Mundo.
- Continue travelling to Otavalo.
Day 3: Otavalo Market − Quito
- Explore the bustling Otavalo market.
- Visit Condor Park and enjoy a bird of prey demonstration.
Day 4: Otavalo – Papallacta - Amazon
- Travel over the Andean high plains to the luxurious vegetation of the Amazon rain forest.
- Stop at the Papallacta hot springs for a moment of relaxation.
- Installation in a confortable lodge of the Amazon rain forest.
Day 5: Amazon rain forest
- Explore the Amazon
- Discover the local lifestyle, plants and animals.
- Visit amaZOOnico, an animal protection and rehabilitation centre.
Day 6: Amazon rain forest − Banos
- Raft on the Jatun Yacu River.
- Travel to Banos.
Day 7: Banos
- Hike surrounded by exotic fruit trees.
- Discover the town of Banos and the waterfall route.
- Visit a local school.
Day 8: Lasso − Quito − Otavalo
- Travel to the Cotopaxi Volcano.
- Experience a spectacular climb of the volcano in a 4X4 and on foot.
- Travel to Quito through the magnificent volcano avenue.
Day 9: Fly back home
The package include:
- Return flight to Montreal/Toronto, including taxes.
- Bus transportation for all excursions.
- Full board accomodation in hotels and hostels
- Visits and admission to the attractions listed in the itinerary.
- Services of a professional English speaking guide.
- Detailed documentation for the organizer.
- 24-hour emergency assistance from Voyages Objectif Terre.
- The 0.10% contribution to the travel agent’s collective security fund.
- Free trip for organizers at a rate of 1 per 10 paying participants.